Firmware for your product
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Press the Menu Button Twice to enter the Setup Menu.
4) Scroll down to ‘System Info’
5) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX
It should be on R10.7.
The DuoHD has an internal battery for emergency uses, such as the loss of power during an incident. This will allow the camera to continue recording to the end of the clip before switching off. This internal battery has around 10 minutes of battery life.
Please check that your Camviewer app is on the latest version available and that your phone has Wi-Fi turned on.
If you require any further help with an app issue, please contact Nextbase Support at email@example.com, Live Chat or 02920 866429 (UK).
Please check that your card is not larger than 128GB and has a minimum U1 class.
Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally? If so, then the SD card has either failed due or is not compatible for Dash Cam usage.
Regarding the recording lengths, the camera will record continuously in small segments. It will record these segments consecutively until the SD card is full. Then the oldest piece of footage will be deleted, and the newest will be saved in its place. This will continue looping and is called Continuous Overwriting. The Dash Cam does this automatically to allow for more footage to be recorded and the old, unnecessary footage to be deleted without manual intervention. However Protected Files are not overwritten in the same way. These can build up and prevent normal footage from being recorded. It is crucial to format every 2 weeks to delete any built-up footage.
Updating the camera's firmware manually is a simple process. Please download and follow the below update guide:
We have two types of mounts available; a suction cup or an adhesive mount. The adhesive mount is considerably more durable and less prone to breakage.
If your camera is within 18 months of the purchase date and you provide us with your Proof of Purchase (receipt), we can provide a replacement mount piece free of charge. Please contact our Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require your receipt, full name and postal address.
If your product is outside of the 18 months, or if you do not have the purchase receipt, then a replacement can be purchased from the below website:
1) Plug your Dash Cam in. Ensure the cable is plugged directly into the dash cam and NOT via the mount.
2) On the dash cam's screen you'll see a menu of 3 options. Please select 'Mass Storage' on the Dash Cam screen and then OK so that only that displays on the screen.
3) If the Dash Cam does not appear as a drive on your PC, please press the reset button on the underside of your dash cam and try all the USB ports on your computer.
4) Then the Dash Cam will be visible as a removable drive on your computer. If you go into My Computer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) you will be able to see the Dash Cam listed as a drive, usually called NEXTBASE.
5) Double click on this drive. You should then see nextbase.com, nextbase.info and DCIM.
6) Double click on 'DCIM'. Inside this you'll see a selection of folders. Inside these folders are your photos and footage.
7) You can copy the files onto your PC to save, view them using your computer's media player, or view the files using the correct Nextbase app- Replay3. This can be downloaded from the above ‘Software’ section.
I'd recommend performing a battery test:
1) Take your Dash Cam inside and plug it into mains power or a computer using the Nextbase provided USB cable.
2) Remove any rear Cameras or SD cards and press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then turn the Dash Cam on. Please turn Parking Mode off and turn Screen Saver off as these could interfere with the test results.
3) Let it charge for 2-3 hours whilst turned off.
4) Unplug the power cable, turn the Dash Cam on and time how long the Dash Cam stays on for. The time it takes for the battery to drain will help us identify the root cause
5) Please remember that after this test your Dash Cam will once again need charging as the battery will be flat.
If the battery lasts for less than 3 minutes, the battery may have reached the end of it's lifespan.
The screen saver is set to ON. Change settings to OFF if required. Default setting is OFF.
The Series 1 and Series 2 Hard Wire Kits will work with the Series 1 model Cameras. The Series 2 Hard Wire Kit is backwards compatible.
The maximum compatible SD card for the DuoHD is 128GB. We would recommend a Dash Cam compatible 8GB-128GB U3 Micro SD card, specifically designed for Dash Cam or CCTV usage. We would recommend a Nextbase SD card for guaranteed functionality within a Nextbase product.
It is crucial to format every 2 weeks to delete any built-up footage.